On this journey to strengthen our physical bodies in order to better serve others, I want to introduce the use of essential oils.
Essential oils are what cause aromatic properties in various plants. These oils have medicinal and healing properties. Different oils have different properties. Certain oils can be astringent, while others are soothing, some extract toxins, some can stop bruising, and the list goes on.
Some of the most commonly known essential oils include tea trea (melaluca), peppermint, lavender, oregano, orange, and lemon grass. These are very oils that you can find in almost every grocery store that sells supplements. However, these oils tend to be the most commonly polluted. Many companies are not careful in the method through which they process their oils and people that are new to the world of homeopathic healing might not know this. Subsequently people can become extremely ill and those under treatments with these oils can go even toxic. That is why it is VERY important to purchase clean oils that are diffused through the air and applied to the body.
However, if you are using peppermint oil to rid your basement of rats, low grade oil is cheap and will do the job just as well as any higher grade product.
Below is list of my TOP 5 Essential Oils and how I use them for healing:
1. Frankincense Oil (although it is rather expensive): eczema relief, antiseptic, astringent, aids PMS relief, stomach pain relief, digestive system cleanser, stress relief, eases coughing,
Frankincense should NEVER be used during pregnancy
2. Lavender Oil: great for soothing restlessness, easing sleep, calming nerves, relieving headaches, easing pain
3. Tea Tree (Melaluca) Oil: astringent, antiseptic, cleansing acne, aids alertness, great for stimulating scalp, helps stop dandruff
4. Helichyrsum Oil: eczema relief, supports liver, anti-spasmodic, expectorant, anti-microbial, anti-septic, regulates nervous system
CAUTION should always be used as Helichrysum is an anticoagulant
5. Peppermint Oil: aids alertness, refreshing, eases stomach aches, helps calm indigestion, scent is an unappealing deterent for rats
I hope that this list gives you and idea on where to start with your use of essential oils.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments:)