Literary Heroine Blog Party.
1. Introduce yourself! Divulge your life’s vision, likes, dislikes, aspirations, or something completely random!
Hi! I’m Kelsey:) I love life! God has given us a beautiful world to experience our ups, downs, and in-betweens. I am a stay at home daughter currently pursuing a higher education degree in Electrical Engineering. I greatly enjoy reading, writing, and being creative. Sewing, crocheting, knitting, and experimenting in the kitchen make me happy when I’m not enjoying the wonders of science and of our amazing Earth.
2. What, to you, forms the essence of a true heroine?
A true hero (a woman is a hero as the word hero is actually gender neutral) is someone who is willing to stand for truth and light. She has the courage and the moral fiber to fight for what is right regardless of the trials ahead of her. She defends the weak and succors those in need. She knows her place but isn’t afraid to challenge authority if she knows that she has something unique to contribute to the cause of the righteous.
3. Share (up to) four heroines of literature that you most admire and relate to.
Eowyn of Rohan (The Lord of the Rings)
Lucy Pevensie (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables and the rest of the series)
Kendra Sorenson (Fablehaven series)
4. Five of your favorite historical novels?
The Chromicles of Narnia (I know that is more than one but they are each equally wonderful), Great Expectations, Anne of Green Gables, Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, The Once and Future King
5. Out of those five books who is your favorite major character and why?
My favorite major character, out of the five listed above, is Anne Shirley. I love her spirit, tenacity, and abounding imagination.
6. Out of those five books who is your favorite secondary character and why?
Now, I understand this question is asking for favorite secondary character, but I would much rather share my second favorite major character. Lucy Pevensie isn’t afraid of being honest and no matter what she faces, she doesn’t ever lose her faith. Even when her brother and sister and cousin doubt her, she is strong and brave and true.
7. If you were to plan out your dream vacation, where would you travel to – and what would you plan to do there?
There are several places that I would love to visit. There are two major ones that I wold consider my dream. The first dream vacation I would take would be to tour the villages and old kingdoms of Arthurian legend. The second wuld be a full tour of each of the American Civil War battle fields.
8. What is your favorite time period and culture to read about?
I greatly enjoy reading about medieval, 18th, 19th, and early to mid 20th cultures.
9. You have been invited to perform at the local charity concert. Singing, comedy, recitation, tap dancing… what is your act comprised of?
Yes, I have been asked to perform harp for the last three Decembers at a Christmas festival in our area.
10. If you were to attend a party where each guest was to portray a heroine of literature, who would you select to represent?
I would love to be Anne Shirley or Eowyn of Rohan or Kendra Soreson.
11. Favorite author(s)?
12. In which century were most of the books you read written?
They are written in many different centuries and worlds:)
13. In your opinion, the ultimate hero in all literature is…
King Arthur of Camelot or Samwise Gamgee (one for the real world and one for fantasy)
14. In your opinion, the most dastardly villain of all literature is…
15. Describe your ideal dwelling place.
I enjoy where I live. I think it would be nice to have a lovely, cozy, fireplace again though
16. Sum up your fashion style in a short sentence.
My style is comprised of whatever suits my mood ranging from fantasy princess to chic & classic to tomboyish.
17. Three favorite Non-fiction books?
The Book of Mormon
Modern Essentials (essential oils guide book)
oh and the Little House series (more than three but I needed to throw in a fun one! at least I didn’t say a textbook lol)
18. Your duties met for the day, how would you choose to spend a carefree summer afternoon?
Outside with my siblings playing with the horses or sheep. I love trail rides:)
19. Create a verbal sketch of your dream hat – in such a way as will best portray your true character.
dream hat? I wear different hats for different occasions…I like my black stetson for dressing up, but I like my straw hat for sunny days, I appreciate my riding helmet, but I also like my ball cap for working in, and I LOVE little handmade, lightweight, knit hats for keeping my head covered and warm while still looking classy. I collect hats so it’s hard to pick just one 😉
20. Share the most significant event(s) that have marked your life in the past year.
The adventures with sheep, pheasants, kittens, horses, 4-H, school, and adjusting to a new lifestyle
21. Share the Bible passage(s) that have been most inspiring to you recently.
“I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.”
~Luke 15:7 KJV